Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Orange Poppyseed Vinaigrette
Pear and Pomegranate Salad! This salad is loaded with goodness, fresh and juicy pear, tart and sweet pomegranate, crunchy pecans, and creamy feta. All drizzled with a glorious drool worthy orange poppyseed vinaigrette. Does life get any better??
Well. March has come and gone. April is fully here. Making me feel like spring is FAST approaching! Or maybe at the very least, we can say goodbye to the fluffy white stuff.
My favorite part of this salad? Is the citrusy orange poppyseed vinaigrette. It’s made with fresh orange juice, a hint of honey to sweeten it, and the poppyseeds of course. Which are fun and beautiful.
To make this salad super easy you can use the pomegranate arils already removed from the pomegranate, you can buy them in most markets in the produce section. I found some sold by Pom, just a small plastic cup full of the juicy seeds. Or if you’re up for the challenge of cutting into your own pomegranate, I have found this tutorial on How To Cut and De-Seed a Pomegranate by Simply Recipes to be quite helpful.
And if you’re not used to eating pomegranate seeds, they are actual seeds, but they are inside the little juicy fruit. So it’s a wonderful contrast in texture when you eat them, you get the burst of sweet, tart juice and the slight crunch of the seed inside.
I used a feta in this salad. A goat cheese would also be scrumptious. Or if you’re not feeling adventurous with the cheese maybe a white cheddar to go with the fruit. Just cut it up into cubes and you can still make a beautiful presentation!
I am completely loving the salads lately if you can’t tell. I’m finding a true love for styling salad. I’m calling it salad art. It’s my true calling.
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 pear sliced or chopped per preference
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the salad, add the spinach to a large bowl and layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Add all ingredients to a medium size jar. Tighten the lid and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!