Tortillas filled with seasoned turkey, onion; green chillies, rice, and shredded cheese – can you really ask for more? Turkey Enchiladas! They are so easy to make, the baked tortillas have a really pleasant crunch and this dish is virtually fool-proof!
But the secret ingredient that kicks this scrupulous recipe up a notch is the tangy and spicy enchilada red sauce. You can make your own with just a few spices or pick up a can from the grocery store.
To make the enchiladas, just spread a generous amount of sauce on each tortilla, add all of the fixins and roll them up! Smother these wonderful rollups with enchilada sauce, shredded cheese and your favorite garnishes like cilantro. Bake!
These effortless Turkey Enchiladas are so good because of their combination of classic and straightforward flavors. It’s not too overwhelming or spicy, and allows you to really enjoy each ingredient. That’s my favorite kind of meal. The kind that takes you back to the basics. After all, you can’t go wrong with a classic.
You probably won’t be able to control your appetite and will want to dive right in.
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced Small
- 1 LB Ground Turkey
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiiles
- 1 ½ Cups Rice, Cooked
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce
- Cilantro and Sour Cream For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground turkey.
- Saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add green chiles, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the turkey is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, lay out a tortilla, and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla.
- Add rice in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then add in a spoonful of the turkey mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up tortilla and place in a oiled baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.