Chamomile & Orange Sugar Cookies
With less than one week until baby M’s “Mad Hatter inspired” shower, I have spent far too many hours pursuing Pinterest for elegant tea party ideas to impress. From cucumber sandwiches to amazing tea infusions – this baby shower will be nothing less than scrumptious.
While I will be sharing many photos from the shower in a later post, I simply could not wait another moment to share these awesome little party favours with you – Chamomile and Orange Sugar Cookies!
The chamomile really shines through in these biscuits and the orange plays the role of sidekick – making a perfect pair. I will warn you that these cookies are not overly sweet, but rather perfect for dipping in a piping hot cup of tea.
The end result is flawlessly crisp cookies that are so buttery they almost melt in your mouth. The essence of Tetley Calm tea takes them to a whole new level of flavour and elegance! They are so good, the hubby was not even willing to share, he had to have an entire batch to himself!
As for the adorable packaging, hop on over to Procrastistamper for simple step-by-step instructions.
- 1 ½ Cups Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Tetley Calm Tea Bags, Contents only
- 3 ½ Cups Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter sugars until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, tea and vanilla until combined.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix until combined.
- Roll out dough parchment paper until it reaches 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the sugar cookie dough into desired shapes and place on cookie tray.
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes.